New Project: “Left Behind”

new project left behind

This might be only the beginning of 2013, yet we already have some exciting news about Ashley’s acting career! The 27-year-old officially landed a role in “Left Behind”, a movie based on the 1st of the 16 bestselling faith-based novels written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins – Deadline.com reports. Here’s additional info:

EXCLUSIVE: Ashley Tisdale has signed up for Left Behind, which is being toplined by Nicolas Cage. The actress, who stars in the upcoming Scary Movie 5, will play Chloe Steele, the daughter of Cage’s Ray Steele character. After millions of people suddenly disappear from Earth, Chloe wanders America looking to find any remaining members of her family. Vic Armstrong is directing the adaptation of the bestselling faith-based novels. Tisdale, the former High School Musical star, recently had a two-episode arc on FX’s Sons Of Anarchy. She is repped by CAA and Perlman Management Group.

Besides Nicolas Cage (confirmed star), Chad Michael Murray is also in talks to join the cast of Left Behind, now in pre-production and expected to come out in 2014. The Tiz sounded pretty excited on Twitter while sharing the news to her fans! What can we say…

Congrats on this new project, Ashley!

16 Comments

• avatar leila on January 3rd, 2013 says:

i don’t think her career is doing any good i mean seriouly first scary movie with linsday lohan and now this movie with Chad Michael ( who i don’t really know he is ) and nic cage ( yea a movie with nic cage wouldn’t help her since his career is death )

• avatar Francis on January 3rd, 2013 says:

@leila As I wrote in the article, Chad Michael Murray is actually in talks for a role in the movie- so he’s not really confirmed yet. And I think doing a movie with Nicolas Cage is such a big thing for Ashley, at her age… this might be the beginning of more and more serious, mature and proper movies for her and her audience.

I truly hope the movie turns out great- I’m seriously so proud of this girl… she never stops to amaze me :)

• avatar leila on January 3rd, 2013 says:

well good for you if she amaze you but i still think her career is death ( and this is coming from someone who was a fan and waited for her to make a movement in her career since the end of HSM )

• avatar Mallory on January 3rd, 2013 says:

i totally agree with Francis! nicolas Cage is a huge actor…This is a huge step for her career! I think it sounds really amazing already… I think it will be quite high profile and will get alot of publicity! This is just the beginning ;) – @TisdaleCookie

• avatar Mallory on January 3rd, 2013 says:

Ashley is also very talented… She has so much potential and great talents! She has released 2 albums, toured, tv shows, movies, modelling and she has such a big heart! If you were a true fan u would have stuck by her.. Sorry.

• avatar Adela on January 3rd, 2013 says:

Nicolas Cage won an OScar !! what do u want more? lol.
              this is the best role for her. an action movie?! yay cant wait.

• avatar Alex on January 3rd, 2013 says:

I think this is a good role for her. The film Is modestly budgeted so it is not a big gamble plus nic cage is still a good actor. Plus the original was a direct to DVD film so this will automatically be better than the original

• avatar Ashley Tisdale zone on January 3rd, 2013 says:

agreeing to @Francis
                  I think she’s on the best way getting a real big Hollywood star!
                  And the best thing is she’s always herself!

• avatar Jayme on January 3rd, 2013 says:

THIS IS HUGE. I hope One Tree Hill’s Chad Michael Murray joins because I could imagine him and Ashley to have great chemistry. If Nicholas Cage is in it, it’ll be mainstream.This project sounds really fantastic too! 2013 is Ashley’s year.

• avatar Matt on January 3rd, 2013 says:

@leila if u were a real ashley fan u would be supportive no matter what….

• avatar alisa on January 4th, 2013 says:

wow i’m so proud of ashley. that’s a great opportunity to show all the people who don’t believe in her that she has the talent to become a really big actress!
                        btw do you guys know anything about “Misfits Christmas”, “Under Construction”, “Jonah & The Whale” or “Holly, Jingles and Clyde 3D”? these are also some rumored projects ashley is set to be in.

• avatar Mallory on January 4th, 2013 says:

@Matt I completely agree! The point of being a fan is supporting that person no matter what :) Even if Ashley gave up her acting career I would still support because I love who she is and her personality! She has amazing talents but she is also a very sweet, humble and kind hearted woman! I dont just love her for what she does I love her for her! Like she says in her song – Love me for me! I will always be a tizzie and will always visit this site ;) – @TisdaleCookie

• avatar paul on January 4th, 2013 says:

thanks god,im soo happy with this =]

• avatar A on January 4th, 2013 says:

@leila is it really necessary for haters to show up on her fansite?? Please can’t you go to a gossip site for that?

I’m so excited!! I love anything she does, and I think a movie with Nick Cage could be great for her! He’s an Oscar winner!

Her career is far from dead.

• avatar Francis on January 5th, 2013 says:

So glad to read your excitement about this new movie- probably one of my fave things when new projects come out!

@leila I wouldn’t consider you as a “hater”, I just think you were sharing your point of view about her career… as such, many other fans may have a different opinion, so it’s normal if not all of them agree or disagree with you…

@alisa I haven’t heard about “Misfits Christmas” and “Holly, Jingles and Clyde 3D” for a very long time (probably around 2009/2010), so I don’t think Ashley is attached to them anymore. As for “Jonah & The Whale”, her publicist once told me to wait for an official press statement, so I wouldn’t consider it as confirmed project yet. And finally, we didn’t really get any update about “Under Construction” recently – during the period the news came out, Ashley was also working on the untitled CBS pilot (which wasn’t picked at the end), so I doubt she got to work for two projects airing on different networks (ABC, CBS). Therefore, I think the project is not longer attached to her…

• avatar Dan on January 5th, 2013 says:

This is definitely her beginning! We just need to stay calm and relax, and wait to admire all her brightness on the big screen! Really impressed for all the projects she’s moving in. Congratulations to the TIZZ. Finally Tizzies can smile again! XOXO

Latest Images

BUY You’re Always Here Now!

Exclusive Interview with Ashley